Saturday, July 31, 2010

Price Canyon

I came up to Utah to visit recently, and the drive took me by Price and through the canyon into Utah Valley. I was struck by the beauty of the canyon in a way I hadn't noticed before. I realized that I haven't been through that canyon in the summer and in the daytime for many, many years. I either come through in the evening (when it is too dark to see) or during the winter (when it is still pretty, but not quite as stunning).

I have always wanted to live in Europe. I would love to be around the culture and the people and history, but I would especially love to be around some of the beautiful scenery that I know to be there. But on my recent drive, I realized that comparable scenes can be found nearby. Wonderful green mountains, zig zagging up past each other, trees and bushes of different colors and shapes providing a rich texture to the side of the hill, a great mixture of rock and foliage. Each area has its uniqueness that warrants a visit, but I fear I have been undervaluing much of the scenery available in Utah.

And for those of you not in New Mexico: appreciate your green. It is a rare and beautiful commodity in our region. Grass, deciduous trees are great, so enjoy them if you have them!

No comments:

Post a Comment