Thursday, May 6, 2010

Waiting

Lately, I've been waiting for a lot of things. As I've been waiting, I've had a bit more spare time. I have so many things that i could be doing, but I find it so hard to actually do them when I'm waiting for something else to happen! So I find myself sitting around doing not much of anything, just waiting...

I find a similar thing happens when I'm not busy. It seems when I'm super busy, I can get more things done because I know my time is limited, so I just go go go doing as much as I can. When I'm not as busy, the same urgency isn't there, so even though I have more spare time, I can't get myself going at as high a pace.

I'm usually in high gear. I like accomplishing a lot, and there is a whole lot in life that I want to do and accomplish. So it seems that I have two apparent solutions. One, I could give myself more committments such as class, work, volunteering, etc, or two, I could learn to be proactive in doing many non-scheduled things. Either way, I need to overcome the anxiety of waiting. That is, I need to learn to let things happen when they will, and get doing something productive in the meantime.

1 comment:

  1. I am the same way! I think I shall link this post to my own blog on the same subject...
    Thanks for putting into words so well.
    (www.boringnomore.blogspot.com)

    ReplyDelete